For the past two weeks I've been working on the lamp design that I first posted about in December. I initially planned for the sculptural element to be perched on top of a wooden box with several slits that would control the escaping light and channel it toward the sculpture's wires. I knew that I needed some sort of opaque material that would go behind the slits and act as a shade from the direct light and after a while I decided that rice paper was my best bet. After buying some rice paper the idea for a different, more effective base popped into my head. This base would be made almost entirely out of rice paper and would provide much more light. I finished the initial base design first and immediately after began work on the more rice paper-heavy one. Along with being a better lamp by emitting more light, version 1.2 ended up being both simpler and more elegant, in my opinion, than the first attempt.